POSITION TITLE: Sponsorship Analyst
REPORTS TO: President
JOB TYPE: Full Time
POSITION LOCATION: Virtual and CHARGE, LLC, Indianapolis, IN
CHARGE (the “Agency”) is an independent sponsorship consultancy offering strategic advice to brands and rights holders, including for-profit and non-profit organizations. Since 2006, our Agency has served organizations in business, sports and entertainment including Honda, Acura, Ascension - St. Vincent Health, the Los Angeles Dodgers, NBA Players Association, NASCAR and over fifty athletes in the NFL, NASCAR and INDYCAR.
Currently, we are seeking a team member to help clients better understand the power of sponsorship through measurement and analysis. The ideal candidate for this position can use data to tell a story, develop insights, and tailor recommendations to help clients grow their businesses through sponsorship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and interpret complex marketing and sponsorship datasets
- Structure and deliver measurement and analytics-related support elements necessary for developing strategies and recommendations to clients, prospects and internal stakeholders
- Assist clients in sponsorship through design and oversight of primary research methods and by conducting secondary research through online syndicated consumer research sources
- Contribute to sponsorship marketing asset valuation projects
- Conduct sponsorship evaluation assignments analyzing the effectiveness and return on investment of sponsorship relationships
- Lead end-to-end survey projects analyzing sponsorship activity, working with clients to formulate questions, source and analyze data and translating findings into actionable recommendations
- Support writing and preparation of client reports and presentations
- Monitor on-going developments in sport, data and business to contribute to the team and our clients
- Handle multiple tasks within tight deadlines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have previous and successful experience in the above-mentioned duties. The below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position:
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent practical experience
- Must have two to three years’ previous experience in a marketing or sponsorship role at an agency, media company, sports or entertainment property, or research company
- Must have one to two years’ experience with business intelligence, analytics and/or statistics, developing dashboards, reports and visualizations
- Working familiarity with a wide variety of marketing datasets from television, social media, consumer behavior, demographics, psychographics, market and audience segmentation, and economic trends
- Knowledge of sports and/or media business landscape desirable
- Excellent quantitative skills, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with coding and data science software desirable (e.g. SQL, VBA, R, SPSS, Python)
- Work independently and as a team player
- Ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies, and actionable plans
- Team player that can develop positive cross-functional relationships
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.